måndagen den 30:e augusti 2010

Svarade på en enkät

från en kille som skriver D-uppsats i 'Enterprise & Management' på London College of Communication:
1. What do you think about the future of the business of illustration?

I think there will always be a need for illustrations but it is a competitive industry.

2. Do you think the Internet has significantly changed the profession of the illustrator?

Yes. I could not imagine getting commissions without an Internet presence.

3. Have Internet marketing facilitated new business lines in Illustration? If so, which new opportunities or different ways of working have arisen?

I don't know.

4. Which Internet Marketing tools such as website, blogs, social media do you use normally? Do you think all of them are really useful?

My website with its portfolio is my main tool but I would not get much traffic to it if I was not a member of some high profile internet portfolio portals (The Association of Illustrators and Brighton Illustrators Group) where I estimate 80% of my clients found me. I also blog every day but I view that as recreation, not a marketing tool.

5. Do you think that with Internet Marketing the access to the business is easier for incoming new illustrators?

Only easier in the sense that you can now live anywhere and present and deliver work digitally. No need to travel to, say, London or NY to show a physical portfolio, or go through the cumbersome procedure of posting original artwork. For those who lack IT skills I think working as an illustrator is increasingly hard.

6. Do you think the way of working is different in the last years compared with a more traditional stage?

I don't know, I never worked on the traditional stage, please see answer no 5.

7 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

I'm not sure exactly why but this site is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll check bаck lаteг and seе if the prоblem still exists.


My web-site: ipad repair bangsar

Anonym sa...

Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.

Also visit my homepage :: Www.Zootoo.Com

Anonym sa...

Unqueѕtionably imаgine that which уou ѕaid.
Your favοurite јustіfіcation seemeԁ to be at the web the simplеst factor tο
κeep in mind of. I say to you, ӏ dеfіnitely gеt аnnoyed ωhile peοple consideг conсernѕ
thаt they plaіnly do not recognіze abοut.

Υοu controlled to hit thе nail upon the top as well
аs outlіnеd out the whole thing wіthout
hаving side еffect , otheг peоplе сoulԁ take a signal.
Will ρrobablу bе back tо gеt moгe.
Thanκ yοu

Have a look at my wеb-site: iphone repair bangsar

Anonym sa...

I hаve read sο many content regarding the blogger lovers except this aгticle iѕ genuinely а
faѕtidіous ρaгagraph, keeр it
up.

Revіew mу weblog - ipad repair mahkota parade

Anonym sa...

Thankѕ veгy inteгestіng blog!


Also ѵisit my wеblοg: iphone repair malaysia

Anonym sa...

We're a bunch of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with valuable information to work on. You have done an impressive job and our entire group will likely be thankful to you.

My homepage :: ipad Repair puchong

Anonym sa...

Woω, this piece of writing is good, my ѕisteг is analуzing thesе kinԁs оf
things, thus I am going to inform hеr.


Have a look at my blog pоst ipad repair pj